Erika Hall is the author of Just Enough Research and Conversational Design—probably two of my favorite books on these topics.
Both of her books are available at A Book Apart: https://abookapart.com/products/just-enough-research
Recently, I spoke with her about the gap that exists today between research and conversational design.
I learned a TON from this talk and anyone that’s creating any type of digital experience will certainly benefit from it too. We covered a lot of ground, including:
- How a philosophy major like Erika became a design leader
- Meeting Mule Design co-founder Mike Monteiro, author of Ruined by Design (my 2019 fave book!)
- Changing with the industry as a designer
- Making a case for research and convincing stakeholders to commit to a research process
- Defining goals before starting your research -Asking the right questions as a researcher
- How research can be like planning a vacation
Enjoy this episode!