As the digital products we use continue to tighten their grip on our society and adversely affect our mental health, one question has become paramount: Are we doomed to digital addiction or can we break the spell and learn to live in harmony with our devices?
No one knows more about this subject than my recent guest Nir Eyal, the bestselling author of Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products and Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life.
Nir’s expertise on both sides of the issue gives him an invaluable and compelling perspective that is not to be missed.
We covered topics such as:
- Combating digital addiction and the link between product design and mental health
- Staying focused when your phone is buzzing with notifications
- The difference between drug dealers and designers
- Promoting ethical design in your company
- Why people don’t like to read digital interfaces
- What industries are most infamous for having dark patterns
- Should creating digital experiences be licensed
- The undervalued skill of writing in tech companies