I invited Andy Vitale, VP of Design at Rocket Mortgage, to hear his views on design past, present and future. As the co-host of the Surfacing podcast, Andy has had many conversations with top-level decision makers in the industry.
What is the next step for humanity when it comes to technology? How can we design ethical products? How do we design for safety?
These are a few questions Andy tackles in this episode.
We also chatted about:
- The importance of iterations and that a design is never finished
- Why he finds your ugliest work the most interesting
- Design as a way of communicating ideas
- The different meanings of strategy and innovation
- … and last but not least, why you should take the roast out of the oven even if it’s not baked to perfection!
Try our free UX writing course
Connect with Andy on LinkedIn
Check out the Surfacing podcast
Other podcast episodes about ethical design:
Unionize, you fools! with Mike Monteiro